The Grimes‐King Foundation will work as a change agent, advocating for low‐income elderly women of African descent, and also act as a catalyst to develop needed resources to meet their needs. It will leverage its resources through partnerships and focus funding.
OUR FUNDING CONSIDERATIONS & PARAMETERS:
1. The Grimes‐King Foundation primarily funds direct program services benefiting our constituents. However, under special circumstance, we will consider funding well-defined administrative expenses and/or capital requirements.
2. Our average grant size is $15,000. We generally make one-year grants. Multi-year grants are by invitation only.
3. The Board appreciates grantees who acknowledge Grimes‐King Foundation grants awarded, and recognizes the added value collaborations offer to expand access and improve service delivery.
4. Budget Narratives must delineate – by line item ‐ the expenditures related to the activities for which you are seeking Grimes King funding.
5. If your organization is a part of a national or regional organization, your budget narrative must include the amount that the national or regional organization contributes to your efforts, generally, and to the initiative we are asked to fund.
CURRENT GRANTEE OVERVIEW: The Grimes King Foundation’s Board thanks all of our grantees for your efforts to improve the quality of life for elders throughout Boston. We are particularly grateful to you for your continued support of elderly women of African descent. We ask that you complete a combined report and grant application. Having listened to your feedback, we have worked to create a more streamlined process: The Grant Report in Section A provides critical information about how our most recent grant funds were used to achieve your organization’s/project’s goals/objectives. The Grant Application in Section B outlines your request for a new grant, should you plan to apply.
CLICK HERE TO BEGIN! Please use SECTION A of the Grant Report and Application Form to tell your story essentially summarizing how our grant was used, and the difference those services made for members of our constituent group. Thank you for keeping your report to five (5) pages or less. If you are applying for a grant, please complete SECTION B, keeping that portion of your submission to no more than three (3) pages. Applications that are incomplete, will not be considered for funding, this year.
NEW APPLICANTS OVERVIEW: The Board also thanks our new and returning applicants for your efforts to improve the quality of life for elders throughout Boston. We are particularly grateful to you for your continued support of elderly women of African descent. We ask that you complete the attached Grant Application Form describing the program or organizational initiative for which funding is requested. Please use this form to tell your story essentially summarizing the difference a grant from the Foundation will make to the services benefiting members of our constituent group. Please also describe how your project aligns with the Grimes King Foundation’s mission, and service to our target population of elderly women of African-American descent. Thank you for keeping your Grant Application to no more than three (4) pages. These four pages do not include the required attachments. Applications that are incomplete, will not be considered for funding.
THE DEADLINE to submit materials is: Friday, May 10, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
The Board annually meets in June to make funding decisions, and you will be notified in July.
HOW TO SUBMIT: Please submit your report and application electronically to: email@example.com
QUESTIONS: As we continue to operate as a volunteer organization, please submit questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as quickly as possible. Thank You!