The Grimes‐King Foundation will work as a change agent, advocating for low‐income elderly women of African descent, and also act as a catalyst to develop needed resources to meet their needs. It will leverage its resources through partnerships and focused funding.
OUR FUNDING CONSIDERATIONS & PARAMETERS:
1. The Grimes‐King Foundation primarily funds direct program services benefiting our constituents. However, under special circumstance, we will consider funding well-defined administrative expenses and/or capital requirements.
2. Our grants range from $5,000 to $20,000. We generally make one-year grants. Multi-year grants are by invitation only.
3. The Board appreciates grantees who acknowledge Grimes‐King Foundation grants awarded, and recognizes the added value collaborations offer to expand access and improve service delivery.
4. Budget Narratives must delineate – by line item ‐ the expenditures related to the activities for which you are seeking Grimes King funding.
5. If your organization is a part of a national or regional organization, your budget narrative must include the amount that the national or regional organization contributes to your efforts, generally, and to the initiative we are asked to fund.
CURRENT GRANTEE OVERVIEW: The Grimes King Foundation’s Board thanks all of our grantees for your efforts to improve the quality of life for elders throughout Boston. We are particularly grateful to you for your continued support of elderly women of African descent. We ask that you complete a combined report and grant application. Having listened to your feedback, we have worked to create a more streamlined process: We converted the Grant Report to a MS Word document to address to make easier to complete. The Grant Report in Section A provides critical information about how our most recent grant funds were used to achieve your organization’s/project’s goals/objectives. The Grant Application in Section B outlines your request for a new grant, should you plan to apply.
Please use SECTION A of the Grant Report and Application Form to tell your story essentially summarizing how our grant was used, and the difference those services made for members of our constituent group. Thank you for keeping your report to five (5) pages or less. If you are applying for a grant, please complete SECTION B, keeping that portion of your submission to no more than three (3) pages. Applications that are incomplete, will not be considered for funding, this year.
NEW APPLICANTS OVERVIEW: The Board also thanks our new and returning applicants for your efforts to improve the quality of life for elders throughout Boston. We are particularly grateful to you for your continued support of elderly women of African descent. We ask that you complete the Grant Application Form describing the program or organizational initiative for which funding is requested. Please use this form to tell your story essentially summarizing the difference a grant from the Foundation will make to the services benefiting members of our constituent group. Please also describe how your project aligns with the Grimes King Foundation’s mission, and service to our target population of elderly women of African-American descent. Thank you for keeping your Grant Application to no more than three (4) pages. These four pages do not include the required attachments. Applications that are incomplete, will not be considered for funding.
CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR “APPLICATION” PAGE to download these Grant Application Guidelines, Grant Report and Application/Proposal Forms.
THE DEADLINE to submit materials is: Friday, May 7, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Our Process: The Board annually receives grant applications in May and meets in June to make funding decisions. You will be notified of these funding decisions in July.
HOW TO SUBMIT: As we are concerned about the spread of COVID please submit your report, application, and all attachments electronically to:
If you cannot covert all files to an electronic format, please let us know that you plan to mail these files to the address below:
PO Box 301863, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130-9998
QUESTIONS: As we continue to operate as a volunteer organization, please submit questions via email to email@example.com and we will respond as quickly as possible. Thank You!